jessie's an insider

For this week's post, Mrs. Joyner said to relate to a character from the Outsiders. When she told us that this was the assignment, I was stumped. I'm a pretty lucky kid. I have a lot more than the Greasers did, and I don't feel like an outsider at school or anything. But, nevertheless, I think I found my topic.

The whole time I was reading The Outsiders, I found little things about Sodapop that I just really connected to. Ponyboy describes him as "drunk on just plain living" in the very beginning of the book. That's kind of how I aspire to live. Just living in the moment, and loving every second of every day. Just living for the feeling of it, and living for the moments where all that matters is now, and smiling, and just being drunk on life. I don't know if that makes sense. I think of it as the moment in the movies where the main character is in a car on the highway at sunset and they turn up the music loud and stick their head out of the sunroof. Ya know? Just that feeling of peace and carefree-ness.

Sodapop is always grinning, or at least that's what Pony says. People say that you should laugh at least 20 times a day, and that's something that I try to live by every day. I'm bubbly, and I guess I just want to spread the bubbly by smiling, and talking, and laughing, and giving, and thanking, and anything I can do to make the sun shine brighter.

I titled this post "jessie's an insider" because I decided not to try to relate to the Greasers; I'm not anything like the Greasers, except for one thing. I'm just trying to live life. I don't want trouble, I just want to have fun with my friends and live while I'm young. I'm not looking to be fake or snobby, and I'm over what other people think of me. And I think that makes me an insider. Stop focusing on superficial things, forget about everyone else. That's what makes you an insider. Not money, not looks, just how you look at life. You can either complain, or don't. You can be a Soc, or a Greaser. Not what they have, but how they look at life. That's the key.

Ok, that's all of my insider wisdom for today. Enjoy life, and stay lovely, lovelies.

Comments

  1. I really love the message in this! It seems like you’re very sure of yourself and live to make yourself happy and most importantly try to spread that happiness with others. That’s a really great quality to have as a person and I can’t wait to continue learning more and more about you Jessie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

jessie's soundtrack of a lifetime

jessie's wish list

jessie's diary