jessie's identity

Wow, identity. What a big concept. I don't know know if I can cover everything in one post. To be honest, I don't even know what to write about, or where to begin. I don't even know who I am, I'm only 13; I've still got a lot to figure out before I can define myself, I think. But I'll try.

I'm a teenage girl. I'm trying, really. It's hard, though. Being a teenager is hard. We don't want to do homework, we want to go out and have a life with our friends. And friends in general are just hard. Being the odd one out sucks, and not having friends is even worse. And don't even get me started on body image. Like, come on People Magazine, chill out with the weight loss tips from Kylie Jenner. And, oh my god, I'm telling you right now that you are not supposed to look like a Victoria's Secret model. Dear all media ever, stop feeding young girls the idea that they have to be skinny to be beautiful. Thank you, have a wonderful day. Anyways, yeah. Being a teenager can suck. But it's also kind of amazing. None of us know what we're doing, but that's ok, ya know? Everyone's just trying to figure stuff out, and it's all ok. And we have fun, and we make stupid decisions, and we live. Just as we were meant to. And stuff happens, and we don't know what to do, but it's ok. And it'll all be ok. Always.

I'm also a sister. And a volleyball player. And a best friend to someone, as well as a mortal enemy to someone. I'm a different person in everyone's life. I think that I have a lot more to figure out about myself before I can write more about my identity. I can only write about right now. And right now, I don't know who I am. Not just yet. I'm just making it up as I go along.

Anyways, it's late, so I'm gonna go to bed. Have a spectacular morning, or afternoon, or night, or whenever you're reading this. And stay lovely, lovelies.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

jessie's soundtrack of a lifetime

jessie's wish list

jessie's diary