jessie's dreams

My moms say that my dreams are "impractical", and I need to have a back-up plan. They say that the chances of my dreams being a reality are "one-in-a-million", and that they'll probably only ever be dreams. That doesn't stop me from dreaming, though. 
If you read my last blog post, "jessie's future", you'll know that in 10 years I'll be living a relatively practical life. However, believe it or not, that exciting, post-Berkeley, single L.A. girl life is only the back-up plan. My dreams have much more in store.
In an alternate universe, jessie's future looks like this:

I woke up to the California summer breeze coming through my French doors and Cookie licking my hand (Cookie gets to stay, he's one of my dreams). I walked out of my spacious master bedroom and down the stairs, feeling particularly grateful this morning for my huge, beautiful coastline home. I brought in the mail, along with 3 big boxes from Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and Nars. Every day I got 3 or 4 large packages with free makeup from popular brands. Working for Beyonce had its perks, am I right? 

Basically, my dream is to have my own makeup line. I'll have started out by doing makeup for someone iconic, like Beyonce, but then I'll have gone on my own and created my own makeup. I'll live in a beautiful home and treat myself and buy expensive clothes and live that lush life, if you know what I mean. It sounds really stupid, but I love makeup. I think it's like an art form. I really tried for a long time to think of other things I would be just as happy with doing, but makeup is what I want to do with my life. And I think I'm kind of good at it, too. I know that it's completely impractical, I hear that all the time, but I feel like if that's really, really what I want to do with my life, I should pursue it, even if people don't support me. I don't want to do something I'm unhappy with and spend my life wondering if things could be different. 


Update***
Ok so I was lowkey stalking my own blog and rereading all of my posts, and can I just say that my writing has improved so much? Also, I realize now that these dreams are really superficial. All I want now is contentment and a life filled with love and laughter. That's all. Oh, and BTW, I don't wanna go to Berkeley anymore, just in case you were wondering (which you weren't).


Comments

  1. I love the enthusiasm and how much detail you put into what you want as your dream future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love this post hope I'm also in your future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

jessie's soundtrack of a lifetime

jessie's wish list

jessie's diary